- Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, generally 10.30 – 19.00 but flexibility to work altered hours at times essential. The capacity to start work at 9.00 on agreed dates is required.
- Good rates of pay
- Reporting To: Shift Manager
- Closing Date: Friday 8th September 2017
Summary of Expectations
This is a new position within the Parcelhub and Mail Workshop Operations teams. The role is shared between operational office duties and warehousing work. You will be the regular first point of contact for staff from other departments and sometimes customers with queries about Parcelhub operational matters, and will assist with the administration of driver’s runs. You will provide cover and assistance to our forklift drivers, and hold responsibility for the safe maintenance of the storage areas in the Parcelhub warehouse as well as control of the stock held there. In line with suitable training, you will hold increasing responsibility for matters of health and safety.
The job does not require specific previous experience – all training including forklift driving will be provided if necessary. It would suit someone currently in a starting position in Parcelhub/Mail Workshop looking for a progression that will advance their responsibilities and skills, and applications are also welcome from family and connections of staff. An enthusiasm to learn new processes and to cope flexibly with quickly changing situations is important. While usually your tasks will be defined by your Manager, often you will need to be able to work responsibly under your own supervision.
Main Job and Responsibilities
– Pre-brief and debrief of drivers, including completion of associated documentation
– Assistance with logging, reporting, and processing of returned parcels
– Dealing with customers and other departments by telephone and email, answering questions and dealing with requests promptly and confidently
– Driving a ‘flexi’ forklift (training and qualification will be provided) in a regular supporting role, and full-time during periods of leave cover
– Warehouse, racking and stock maintenance
– Monitoring and remedy of health and safety risk points, maintenance of safety checks and records
– Assistance with offloading collection vans and scanning parcels prior to despatch
– Identification and retrieval of stock for customer orders and logging changes on the stock-location system
– Willingness to embrace different and varying responsibilities, including both physical and desk-based work, in line with the changing requirements of the role
– Friendly and professional manner in dealing with customers
– Ability to co-operate successfully with fellow staff at all levels
– Some basic experience in the use of Word, Excel, and email. Full training will be given in all other systems required
Please apply, attaching your current CV, in writing to
Paul Heath, Head of Operations – [email protected]